Nxt Community

• Posts 83248
  • Members 4149

If you held your NXT in an exchange, I don't think you can😞 When the snapshot is recorded, any Nxt account with balance in it is taking into consideration . Since most exchanges don't keep their clients coins in separted accounts but instead they keep their customers funds all together in one account, only this account (i.e. the exchange account) will be entitled to access to the aidropped coins, not the users themshelves. Unless the clones have agreed before hand with the clones' team to support the airdrop -which is not usual- I doubt the exchange will distribute these airdropped coins among their users. - posted by TGJ12

If you held your NXT in an exchange, I don't think you can😞
When the snapshot is recorded, any Nxt account with balance in it is taking into consideration . Since most exchanges don't keep their clients coins in separted accounts but instead they keep their customers funds all together in one account, only this account (i.e. the exchange account) will be entitled to access to the aidropped coins, not the users themshelves. Unless the clones have agreed before hand with the clones' team to support the airdrop -which is not usual- I doubt the exchange will distribute these airdropped coins among their users.

It’s not so nice that they didn’t announce it before. I mean, now people have to login with their NXT passphrase of the wallet the probably store their NXT and assets. New blockchains on-line wallets and or wallet as a client can be compromised.
Best thing to do is:
-Create a new NXT account;
-Send all your assets to the new address;
-Never use this account again...

ACCully

It’s not so nice that they didn’t announce it before. I mean, now people have to login with their NXT passphrase of the wallet the probably store their NXT and assets. New blockchains on-line wallets and or wallet as a client can be compromised.
Best thing to do is:
-Create a new NXT account;
-Send all your assets to the new address;
-Never use this account again...

An alternative to that would be the process explained here, although not that easy to apply and not recommended for beginners😉

JorritBr

Ignis airdrop in sept?

That's the plan😉 Besides, https://twitter.com/coalculus/status/1161470621022208000

Coalculus

@OctavianusSG Hi @OctavianusSG, if you are referring to the ignis snapshot this update will be shared in coming weeks. Stay tuned!
Twitter